Advanced Science of Morphology is a project that questions the possibility of unity in Europe by reflecting on the changes that have happened to the countries that once made up Yugoslavia.
The 26 combinations of the national flags of the states that once made up Yugoslavia is a timely art work that replaces the flags of the EU member states in Marble Arch Park in London in 2006. The morphing of national identities aims to question the goal of unity in Europe and invites us to reflect on the roles we play in making and breaking dreams of European togetherness.
This project uses flags, (morphed national symbols and colours of countries that made up ex-Yugoslavia) as a symbol of changes that have happened in the area of ex-Yugoslavia since disintegration of SFR Yugoslavia. The project comprises of project development drawings; site specific public art projects (which are recorded in the set of photographs) and an video animation.
Animation, as a part of exhibition Studio Visit, exhibited at GC. AC – Galleria Comunale d’Arte Contemporanea di Monfalcone, Italy. 2006. Read more…
Site specific art project, as a part of exhibition Sweetest Dream, Unity and Dissonance in Europe, exhibited at Marble Arch, London, UK. 26 flags, replacement of 26 EU flag displayed on Marble arch flagpoles. 2006. Read more…
Live Art, as a part of exhibition Sweetest Dream, Unity and Dissonance in Europe, walk between Marble Arch and [ space ] gallery, London, UK. 6 hours, 26 people, 26 flags. 2006. Read more…
Live Art, as a part of exhibition Sweetest Dream, Unity and Dissonance in Europe, walk on the streets of Zagreb, Croatia. 6 hours, 6 people, 6 flags. 2007. Read more…
Solo Exhibition, Solo Exhibition, THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING AN ARTIST (Solo Exhibition) at FUTURA, Křižíkova 34, Praha 8 – Karlín, Czech Republic. 5 flags, 5 flagpoles, 12 photocopies, 40×50 cm, black and white. 2013. Read more…
- Balkan Express, newspaper dedicated to the international conference ‘Balkan Express’, 27.04.2008, Title: Land(s) of the Free, by Anne Katrin Feßler, [GER]
- Third Text magazine, 2007, ENG
- Austrian Cultural Forum in UK, brochure cover, 2006, ENG
- Weiner Zeitung, newspaper, 2010, GER
- Magazine review by Anne Katrin Feßler, GER
- Vreme Newspaper Cover, MK
- ACF Brochure Cover, ENG
- Newspaper review for Vreme, MK
- Newspaper Review by MA, ENG tanslation
- Newspaper Vreme interview by Jasna Frangovska, MK
- Eröffnung des Symposions im RadioKulturhaus, GER
- Newspaper review for Danas, SRB
- Internet Invitation, Italian Institute, ENG