Advanced Science of Morphology is a project that questions the possibility of unity in Europe by reflecting on the changes that have happened to the countries that once made up Yugoslavia.
The 26 combinations of the national flags of the states that once made up Yugoslavia is a timely art work that replaces the flags of the EU member states in Marble Arch Park in London in 2006. The morphing of national identities aims to question the goal of unity in Europe and invites us to reflect on the roles we play in making and breaking dreams of European togetherness.
The video represents not only the morphing of the flags’ symbols, but also the newly created national anthems. At one point the videos is mute, representing the period in which Bosnia and Hercegovina did not have an anthem.
Exhibition history of the video:
Studio Visit, exhibited at GC. AC – Galleria Comunale d’Arte Contemporanea di Monfalcone, Italy. 2006.
Exhibition history :
- Balkan Express, newspaper dedicated to the international conference ‘Balkan Express’, 27.04.2008, Title: Land(s) of the Free, by Anne Katrin Feßler, [GER]
- Third Text magazine, 2007, ENG
- Austrian Cultural Forum in UK, brochure cover, 2006, ENG
- Weiner Zeitung, newspaper, 2010, GER
- Magazine review by Anne Katrin Feßler, GER
- Vreme Newspaper Cover, MK
- ACF Brochure Cover, ENG
- Newspaper review for Vreme, MK
- Newspaper Review by MA, ENG tanslation
- Newspaper Vreme interview by Jasna Frangovska, MK
- Eröffnung des Symposions im RadioKulturhaus, GER
- Newspaper review for Danas, SRB
- Internet Invitation, Italian Institute, ENG