The shape of the star is borrowed from the frieze of a certain monument built during the Socialist times in East Germany. The only difference between the star of the actual monument and my art object – entitled ‘Communism, that Fallen Star of Political Endeavor’ – is that the stars tail at the original monument was positioned at a 45 degrees toward the sky.
My artwork’s star direction derives from the analogy of the ‘fallen star’, therefore the tail, is directed toward the ground rather than towards the sky. It represents the actual state in which the monument was left, unattended, unregulated for many years.
- Link to exhibition in Kunst Pavillion, Innsbruck, GER
- Link to exhibition in Kunst Pavillion, Innsbruck, ENG
- Link to exhibition in , Graz
- Link to the images of the exhibition in Graz
- Monopol, art magazine, UNERWARTETE WENDUNGEN
- Creative austria, GRAZ: UNERWARTETE WENDUNGEN
- Kronen Zeitung, 15.03.2010
- Falter, 17.03.2010
- Kleine Zeitung, 14.04.2010
- Korso, Das nachhaltige Magazin für Graz und die Steiermark
- der Standard, Unverhofft kommt oft