5 drawings, 70×50 cm, colour pencils, pencil.
Curtesy of APF.
Advanced Science of Morphology is a project that questions the possibility of unity in Europe by reflecting on the changes that have happened to the countries that once made up Yugoslavia.
The 26 combinations of the national flags of the states that once made up Yugoslavia is a timely art work that replaces the flags of the EU member states in Marble Arch Park in London. The morphing of national identities aims to question the goal of unity in Europe and invites us to reflect on the roles we play in making and breaking dreams of European togetherness.
Advanced Science of Morphology Drawings is a set of 5 preparatory studies that stand-alone as an independent work of art. These 5 drawings represent the stages of transition of the flags in the area of Ex-Yugoslavia and my own attempt to fit those changes into a consistant number of EU flags (26, later changed to 28).
The drawings represent the process of planing the positioning of the flags, where some of the flags are to be removed from the composition and new flags are in need to be added and printed.
Bibliography / Press coverage:
- Balkan Express, newspaper dedicated to the international conference ‘Balkan Express’, 27.04.2008, Title: Land(s) of the Free, by Anne Katrin Feßler, [GER]
- Third Text magazine, 2007, ENG
- Austrian Cultural Forum in UK, brochure cover, 2006, ENG
- Weiner Zeitung, newspaper, 2010, GER
- Magazine review by Anne Katrin Feßler, GER
- Vreme Newspaper Cover, MK
- ACF Brochure Cover, ENG
- Newspaper review for Vreme, MK
- Newspaper Review by MA, ENG tanslation
- Newspaper Vreme interview by Jasna Frangovska, MK
- Eröffnung des Symposions im RadioKulturhaus, GER
- Newspaper review for Danas, SRB
- Internet Invitation, Italian Institute, ENG